Mindset in Business
The research carried out by Dr Carol Dweck suggests that
while developing growth mindset is very important in education it also can have many benefits and impacts on individuals, businesses and organisations. When people hold the belief that capabilities can be grown and developed it’s easier to adopt a ‘can do’ attitude, accept feedback more readily and become more effective in solving problems. This can positively affect managers, employees and performance.
At Mindset-UK we work with businesses to develop a growth mindset culture, particularly during periods of change, and help to embed the principles into their day-to-day work. We offer workshops and programmes based on our unique approach.
The Culture – developing a growth mindset culture is possibly the most important aspect for an organisation to develop. Creating a growth mindset culture needs deliberate planning and implementation over a period of time. It is an approach that requires a conscious, consistent effort from all involved in the organisation.
“The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attributes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives”
William James (Harvard Psychologist)
The benefits to your business
- Understand the difference between fixed and growth mindset and how it affects how you think, feel and behave
- Build awareness of self and other mindsets and understand the impact this has on achieving success
- Learn how to shift themselves and others towards a growth mindset
- Develop effective communication and relationships
- No blame, just opportunities to learn
- Help people have purposeful engagement – help them feel valued and encourage working for the organisation, the task and themselves
- Embrace feedback – the importance of understanding how it is given as it can either motivate or demotivate.